Solutions in Strategic Planning
The pursuit of an organization's mission depends on having a viable structure and a detailed action plan with good strategies. However, in order to develop this action plan, it’s important for the team to take a step back and reflect on the organization's purpose.
It’s in the interest of every charity and nonprofit to periodically review its mission, vision, values, programs, services and objectives in order to meet the needs of its target audience. This evaluation exercise, which is part of the strategic planning process, can also be used to identify challenges faced by the organization and to define the changes necessary for its future success.
Strategic planning has many benefits, including:
- Creating a common vision and direction for all team members in the organization;
- Assessing the relevance of the organization's mission;
- Identifying the target audience to create lasting and meaningful relationships;
- Strengthening stakeholders’ commitment to the achievement of the organization's goals;
- Defining a specific and achievable action plan.